A fun day for the family with lots to see & free activities to enjoy at Grass Lake’s annual Heritage Day Festival! Saturday, September 7, 2013 all through downtown Grass Lake from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
On the east end of the Village:
- 10:00 am starts the 5K run/walk sponsored by Grass Lake Assembly of God (www.heritageday5Kwebs.com) with the race beginning & ending at Busy Lizzies at 126 Brown St.
- Be sure to visit the local Farmers Market located right there as well!
- Inside the iconic Whistlestop Park Depot on Michigan Ave:
- A silent auction happening from 10 am to 3:00 pm. Bid on a wide variety of items with proceeds directly benefitting the upkeep of this historical landmark. Prior to the auction, contact JoAnn Karle at 517-522-5837 if you wish to donate an item to be auctioned.
- New this year! Model train display by Gene Swain—not to be missed.
- Cruise-Ins are happening! So bring your classic car or tractor with you and just come in and enjoy the walk through:
- Cars – The Grass Lake Classic Car Club is sponsoring a classic and vintage car cruise- in east of the traffic light on Michigan Ave.
On the west end of the Village:
- Tractors – Local farmers will show off their tractors of all varieties at their cruise- in west of the traffic light—new show this year.
- Musical entertainment on the street provided by Grass Lake’s own Joe DeBoe of Ghostrider D. J. Services.
- Pick up a free horse or tractor drawn wagon ride to the Coe House Museum on your walk between the Depot and the Museum.
- Stop by the vendor booths.
- Artists and crafters will feature their specialties for sale along the street.
- Food and beverage vendors (including food from the award winning Grass Lake Diner) to delight your palate.
- Children can play old fashioned kid’s games on the street that are run by and sponsored by the Grass Lake Leos.
- A petting zoo will delight people of all ages.
- MANY Coe House Museum activities give a unique flavor to your visit there:
- French & Indian War reenactment
- Quilt tying on the beautiful hand made quilt (raffle tickets on sale for it; winner picked at Xmas Auction Dec. 3rd)
- Demonstrations of traditional crafts and activities
- “Make & Take” projects for kids
- Music on the porch featuring local talent
- Tour this lovely Victorian home at your leisure with docents to assist with information and answer questions.
Log on to the Grass Lake Chamber website: www.grasslakechamber.org for more information.