Michigan Association for Home Care Annual Conference features nat’l experts
Keynote speakers address improvements for the future
OKEMOS, MI – International speakers, best-selling authors and healthcare leaders gather to share their insights at the Michigan Association for Home Care’s (MAHC) Annual Conference May 22-24 at the Grand Traverse Resort in Acme. This is the largest gathering of home care professionals to occur in Michigan for 2013.
The association is formerly known as the Michigan Home Health Association.
“The healthcare industry is experiencing a substantial amount of change,” said Barry Cargill, executive director of MAHC. “This conference gives a diverse group of individuals the opportunity to network and share ideas as home care professionals.”
Several keynote speakers are featured, including:
• Jim Mathis, international speaking professional and best-selling author, from South Carolina;
• William Dombi, vice president of law for the National Association for Home Care and Hospice, from Washington, D.C.;
• Dr. Kathleen Griffin, president and CEO of Care Management Innovation, from Arizona;
• Teepa Snow, national dementia expert; and
• John Gallagher, vice president of government relations for the VGM Group and a home medical equipment policy expert, from Iowa.
Topics such as reinvention, the improvement of technology, private duty home care and health care reform are covered during the conference.
“Five national health and personal care experts at one conference is a first for the home care industry in Michigan,” said Cargill. “We are doing this because the changes imposed by national health care reform are significant and MAHC is assisting our member home care agencies to meet these new challenges.”
Home health, hospice, private duty, home medical equipment, Infusion, owners, staff, administrators and managers, therapists, clinical nurse supervisors, finance, reimbursement, billing staff, and human resources personnel are all encouraged to attend the event.
For speaker biographies, additional conference presenters and other information on the annual conference, contact Cindy Thelen at cindyt@homecareMI.org or call 517.349.8089 X16.