We would like to invite you out to ICMIC for manufacturing nights at Camp McGregor Tuesday, July 16th & Wednesday, July 17th. This is a great time to show our youth what our local manufacturers are doing at their place of employment. Demonstrations, hands on activities and other ideas are welcome. Please call Deb Fry at 517-783-0717 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule one or both evenings with us today!
Participating Manufacturers: Alro – Plasma Cutter, CMF – Electric Circuit Board, CNC, Inflatable’s, Eaton – Lean Manufacturing, MACI – Robot, Classic Turning, Accubilt – Pneumatic Can Crusher, Consumers Energy, Career Center – Welding Station and Schupbach’s – Archery
We are almost there with sponsorships for all of our group projects. Only a few are left to be sponsored. The group projects are projects that the kids work on during the day with their instructors.
· Perception/Reaction- Students will determine each other perception and reaction rates under three conditions: visual, audible and touch. $75
· Pendulum Clock- Students will build a pendulum clock to determine its motion and accuracy. $75
· Electric Circuit- Each team of students will build an electrical circuit; if successful the buzzer will go off in the end. $75
· Electromagnet- Students will learn about the bridge between Basic electrical circuitry and devices which utilize electromagnet components. $75
· Windmill- Students will build windmill blades that will achieve the best performance in lifting weights. $350
LAST BUT NOT LEAST: ITEMS NEEDED FOR PROJECTS & EVENING ACTIVITIES
· Shoe boxes
· 10 of the 5 gallon buckets for Thursday night’s water fight.
Get more details by contacting Deborah at 517-783-0717.