August 3, 2013 @ 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
On August 3rd, from 10am – 4pm, Hidden Lake Gardens will throw open the gates for the annual Children’s Garden Day, exploring our Friends in the Gardens. The event will be a full day of activities and explorations for children of all ages. Come groove to the music of Copper Tom, visit some of the bees from Thornapple Woodlands, learn about plants and the natural world, meet animals of all varieties, make crafts to take home, and best of all… enjoy a day in a gorgeous setting with your family.
- Groove to the sounds of Copper Tom at 12pm and 2pm
- Learn about the important roles bees play in our gardens at 11am and 1pm
- Create an imitation bonsai from 12pm – 2pm
- Hike with a naturalist 1:30pm and 3pm
- Snag your own balloon creation from 12 – 4pm (just not on anything sharp!)
- Visit a working bee hive from Thornapple Woodlands and meet the bees that inhabit it
- Learn about plants, take home one for your garden (while supplies last)
- Showcase your artistry on the mural wall and sidewalk
- Meet animals of all shapes and sizes and have your picture taken with a reptile
- Dip net in the pond to see who lives below the water’s surface
- Take a wagon ride around the Gardens
- Talk to local experts about conservation and our natural areas
- Experience StoryWalk® – a progressive story event*!
- The event lasts from 10am – 4pm, although some exhibits may have limited hours. Admission is $5 per person, Free for Hidden Lake Garden Members. Visit www.hiddenlakegardens.msu.edu or Hidden Lake Gardens’ Facebook page.