The Jackson County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications to fill the following vacancies:
Agricultural Preservation Board – one public member, Agricultural Interests, term to 6/2016 Agricultural Preservation Board – one public member, Representative of Local Natural Resource Conservation Interests, term to 6/2016
Emergency Management Advisory Council – two public members, term to 4/2015
Solid Waste Planning Committee, 14 members to include the following (On your application, please indicate the position you would like to represent):
- 4 representatives of the solid waste management industry (when possible, representatives should reside or conduct business within county);
- 1 representative from an industrial waste generator
- 2 representatives from environmental interest groups (representatives shall be from
organizations that are active within the county);
- 1 representative from county government (all government representatives shall be elected
officials or designee of elected official);
- 1 representative from township government;
- 1 representative from city government;
- 1 representative from the regional solid waste planning agency (Region 2 will be the
Designated Planning Agency for the plan update); and
- 3 representatives from the general public (representatives shall reside within county.)
The County Affairs & Agencies Committee will review applications at their September 9, 2013 meeting (8:00 a.m.). Appointments will be made at the September 17, 2013 (7:00 p.m.) at the Board of Commissioners meeting.
The application deadline is Friday, August 30, 2013.
Applications are available and can be submitted on-line at the Jackson County Website: www.co.jackson.mi.us. They are also available on the 6th floor of the County Tower Building, 120 W. Michigan Avenue, or by calling 788-4335. Forms can be mailed to the above address, faxed to 517- 780-4755 or emailed to email@example.com .