The American Red Cross of Mid-Michigan is looking for an enthusiastic and skilled individual to join the AmeriCorps team. Members will have the opportunity to give back to their communities while building professional skills in a professional environment.The Red Cross offers professional development and networking opportunities, while members are able to expand their knowledge in areas such as Volunteer Services, Disaster Services, Communication, and Community Education.
AmeriCorps requires a substantial commitment; it is a FULL-TIME service opportunity that consists of a regular weekly schedule along with on-call availability on nights and weekends. Members are required to complete a minimum of 1,700 hours of service during their 12 month term.
- H.S. diploma or GED (Some college is preferred)
- At least 18 years of age
- U.S. Citizen, U.S. National or lawful permanent resident alien
- 1 yr. commitment (September 9, 2013-August 29, 2014)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and online/internet use
- Ability to deploy to National Disasters for a 2-3 week period with a 24-48 hour notice
- Flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends
Members receive a living stipend of $12,100, a $5,550 Educational Award upon completion of their term of service, and basic health coverage. Those interested in learning more about becoming an AmeriCorps member can contact Betsy Laakso at Betsy.Laakso@redcross.org. Potential members can also visit www.americorps.gov to apply online.