Grass Lake Festival of Lights
· DEC ·7
10:00 am to 6:00 pm
The annual event will include a new twist with “Breakfast with Santa” for kids by reservation only—call 517-522-5050 (Designs by Judy) for details. Time is 9:00 until 10:00 at the Depot.
Whistlestop Depot will open at 10:00 for all children to make their Christmas wishes known to Santa until 1:00. Free cookies and beverages will be available.
“Around the Town Cookie Tour” will again tempt grown ups and children alike. Start your tour at the Depot Headquarters or at any participating business—look for signs in their windows. Collect cookies from 10:00 to 4:30. Also in the Depot, guests can purchase tickets for several prizes such as beautiful wreaths donated by local businesses or the Coe House Museum’s hand made quilt (winner will be announced at the auction on Dec. 10th) or 4 prizes from local businesses—proceeds to benefit the Grass Lake Lions Club scholarship program. The Depot will be open all day until 6:00 p.m. for visitors to enjoy the beautiful decorations. Be sure to visit local businesses and restaurants while walking about town.
Toward dusk, enjoy the parade of lighted floats with the 2013 Rose Queen Emily Sioma as Grand Marshall. Then we can all wait patiently for Santa to reappear, listen or sing along to caroling, enjoy hot chocolate on the Depot porch (provided by the Grass Lake Leos Club) and watch the BIG flip of the switch to light the BIG tree.
Other events and activities include:
· Horse and wagon rides to the Coe House Museum for an escorted tour of this lovely, historic Victorian home open from 10:00 to 3:00.
· The Methodist Church hosts their annual craft and bake sale. They also serve lunch.
· The Grass Lake branch of the Jackson District Library always has something special to offer.
· Businesses all around town will have “Open House” specials and offers.
· Special showing—See the newly acquired historic Interurban Car #29 now housed in the Village maintenance area.
· Other special activities are still in the planning stages. Stayed tuned!
Visit grasslakechamber.org for updates.